Gun Running


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
October 3rd 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Fiery chargeFiery chargeFiery charge

Katzke and his Thai friend being escorted to the Alor Setar Sessions Court for the case hearing
Geo: 6.32649, 99.8432



Ooo the gossip of it all... Boat on A dock seized by Customs...

Everyone was talking about the drama that unfolded at the marina, one of the boats on A dock was swarmed by Customs officials who sped in on their inflatable rib to search the boat for alleged gun running. Neighbouring boats detailed the seize and search with the skipper 'Julius' (a regular at Charlie's Bar) being held at gunpoint while the boat was searched, police were also involved and another person on the boat who was also detained.

The search lasted over an hour and neighbours talked about the drama and shouting involved until the guns were drawn and Julius was handcuffed. Although you'll never really know the in's and out's of what happened, Customs impounded the boat making the skipper take the boat from the marina while handcuffed to the Customs depot where he was apparently arrested.

The article below was in the newspaper which gives info on the case to the guns found that were not accountable for and the sentences they could face. Here's a wee insight into Malay justice... notice the amount of whippings to be given.

Interesting stuff.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


MAN CLAIMS TRIAL TO FIREARMS CHARGE

South African denies
Beneli Argo rifles Beneli Argo rifles Beneli Argo rifles

Pricey haul: The seven Italian made Beneli Argo rifles and ammunition that were siezed from the luxury yacht in Langkawi
possessing rifles and ammo

A South African sailing on luxury yacht Mischief pleaded not guilty to two counts of having in his possession seven Italian made rifles and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

Julius Katzke, 47, was charged with committing both the offences on board the yacht which was berthed at Royal Langkawi Yacht Club in Jalan Datuk Syed Omar, Kuah in Langkawi at 12:30pm on Sept 18.

He denied the first charge of having in his possession seven Beneli Argo rifles inside two black plastic boxes on the yacht.

The offence under Section 8 of the Firearms Act (Incresed Penalties) 1971, carries a maximum jail sentence of 14 years and a minimum whipping of six times.

Katzke also claimed trial to the second charge of having 1,305 rounds of ammunition found inside a gunny sack on the yacht at the same place that day.

The offence under Section 8(a) of the Firemarms Act 1960 carries a jail term of not more than seven years or a maximum fine of RM 10,000 or both.

The offences are non-bailable.

Sessions judge Ibrahim Osman fixed both cases to be mentioned on Nov 4 pending the ballistic report.

Katzke's female Thai friend was also brought to the court yesterday but was not
charged. It is believed that she will be made a prosecution witness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb