Sepilok take 2


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
April 12th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 5.8782, 117.939

We decided that we would go back to the reserve on the morning we left as our flight transfer was not until 1215. The transport was free to the park and entrance as only £14 for the pair of us.

We saw the naughty orangutan again as well as another one walking the railings. A mother and her baby came to the feeding platform that day as well as another young one, but a group of mekaks had joined the feeding and so ate most of it.

The flight back to KK was a little bumpy but only 45mins. We were transferred to the dock and then to the hotel jetty, with its own boats over to the island.

We were given a guided tour of the facilities by our own little dude. There is a pool and bar. The beach of course, main buffet restaurant and a few other posh ones around. Activities run every day, some complementary, some are very expensive and everywhere in between.

The room is up a mountain, but means the views are uninterrupted. The room itself..... mahusive. His and hers basins. Bath big enough for 6 people. Shower, walk in wardrobe. 7ft desk, bed, sofa, balcony and corner sunbed too!! Life of luxury!!

Dinner was in the buffet restaurant as we were too late to book in anywhere else. James had his usual girly cocktails and I had a very strong Singapore sling. Everything was cooked to how you wanted it. Load up the raw stuff on a plate, give it to the chef and he would cook it for you. Also salads and western food too. I had a chicken, noodle, veg and soy sauce stir fry and a pan fried piece of beef with some potatoes! Desert had a whole 1/4 of the restaurant devoted to it!! You can imagine the heaven I was in!! 2 rounds of that too .... Yes I am coming home a stone heavier than I was at Christmas!!

The walk back up the mountain to our villa was painful after so much food but lovely to go to bed without an alarm set for morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb