Cameron highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
May 12th 2013
Published: May 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We woke at 5am this morning to take the 6 hour bus ride to cameron highlands.

Maher picked up nasi lemak and teh Tarik ice for breakfast which we ate and drank whilst waiting for the bus

The bus wasn't a VIP bus but a squeaky, near brakeless bus!

I sleep most of the journey, thankfully seems the closer we got to the cameron highlands the more the road wound round the mountain side, round and round and round and round. It seems I have found an excellent pillow in my super comfy husband! A little worse for wear with lack of sleep and a touch of travel sickness we arrived at the bus stop in cameron highlands where I went in search of accommodation.

All quite similar I opted for the double room with shared bathroom at twin pines. RM 40 per night. Basic but ok. Well we will decide after we have slept this evening.

We went to a local Indian restaurant for food, chicken fried rice and vegetable and dall with roti, plus two ice lemon tea.

We have also booked a 1/2 day tour for tomorrow to a tea plantation, moss forest, strawberry farm and butterfly farm, plus a walk to the waterfalls. RM35 each. We get collected at 08.45 tomorrow, so don't have to be up too early.

We had a walk to the waterfalls this afternoon and made the most of the photo opportunity! Ever the poser he is and avid photographer, he was ready with the camera :-)

we have just had fried noodles for tea, a bit spicy for me and a walk to the hospital....,don't panic, none of us are ill he just decided to take me on this 'scenic' route :-) it was nice though the weather getting cooler and seeing the mist over the mountain tops (one missed photo opportunity)

I have decided he does have a romantic streak, sweet really....I won't get too soppy :-) But he is so thoughtful sometimes....anyway; the weather here is much cooler than penang and KL, more similar to a summer in the UK. Its a welcome change.

Anyway, an early night I think before our trip tomorrow.

Photos to follow as wifi is terrible and like oz you have to pay for bad service!!

Love to all xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb