Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 9th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, Saturday was a day of planning. We woke up and decided that we were definitely going to Malaysia instead of the Philippines and went to book coach tickets. They were only 30 Singapore Dollars and would take us all the way into Kuala Lumpur, the capital. In the evening we went to Darren's place for a few beers and to meet his flatmate Ian. His place is lovely, in a big condo development and a world away from our little hostel! We had a great night, sitting in the jacuzzi and playing xbox after watching the Boro vs Man City game, it was a nice little slice of comfort and luxury after slumming it for a week!

Yesterday we arrived at the coach pick up point and boarded. The coach was pretty good actually, better than any I've got in England! It was big and spacious with air con and the 6 hour journey across the border and up to KL was nice and comfortable.

Our hostel is in Chinatown and, although the entrance make it look awful, once you get inside it's actually quite nice. We're having trouble uploading pictures at the moment for some reason but as soon as we can, we will. We also have to pay for internet here so the entries might not be quite so regular for a little while - we'll do our best!

Today we're off to explore Kuala Lumpur and perhaps book our tickets to the rainforest region of Malaysia - how exciting!

Hope all is well back home and the snow is keeping up/stopping, whichever you prefer.



Advertisement



9th February 2009

Slumming it.
Jacuzzi, air con and a manicure for Amy??? There was I thinking you were sleeping amongst bugs and fighting off wild animals ; ) I'll bet you are loving the food, especially Lee. Sounds great, Keep us posted. Love to both of you XX
9th February 2009

Saying Hello
Its all sounds like a fantastic adventure! Enjoy it xx

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb