Malaysia in 6 days


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 26th 2017
Published: January 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a very smooth border crossing, we drove into Malaysia. And what a breath of fresh air it was. Lots of lush fields and space. Houses look good and gardens well cared for, and not much rubbish in evidence. Not sure our mini-bus driver took the shortest route, but we eventually arrived in Georgetown on Penang island. Wow what a lovely place. The old colonial town is being regenerated with street art and maps showing where the traditional crafts are still being carried out. It was a shame we only had a couple of days there, and it is certainly a place I would like to come back to.

And then on to Kuala Lumpur, the bustling capital. We are staying at the back of one of the massive shopping malls (what a shame!). Until the mall in Calgary was built it was the largest mall in the world with 12 floors of shops. We took the hop-on hop-off bus around the city ending up at the Petronus twin towers, where we crossed the sky-bridge between the two towers, and were then taken to the 83rd floor viewing platform. Absolutely breathtaking.

Tomorrow we leave for Singapore - I think a visit to Raffles is a must.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb