Day 21 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 1st 2015
Published: October 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

George is feeling a little better this morning, but we have cancelled our planned visit to Batu Caves, as it will probably be too much for him.

Instead we are going to use another of the vouchers for the hop on hop off bus and stop at some of the areas we did not stop yesterday.

On the way out, we stopped at the hotels tour desk. They do a trip to the elephant Sanctuary that also includes Batu Caves. They want paying in cash and we do not have enough on us for this, so we will see him in the morning.

Also starting to look at our journey back to the airport. Asked at the tour desk how much they would charge for the hour long journey. 116 ringgits for both of us – about £17. That will save us from having to lug our bags through the train/coach terminal. Again, we did not have enough cash for this, so will book in the morning.

We have started the day a little later today so that George could have a lay in. Consequently, by the time we get to Chinatown it is about lunch time. We thought we would grab a bite to eat, and then head off to see a couple of nearby temples. We are really enjoying all the local food.

We found a great hawker centre full of locals and for 15 ringgits bought more than we could eat, all freshly cooked.

Unfortunately, by the time we had finished eating, the heavens had opened. Not sure if this was real rain, or the same man made artificial rain we had on Monday. Whatever it was, it came down really heavily. We were not really dressed for rain, so got soaked through. When we saw one of the hop on busses in the distance, we decided we would be better off on it, so no visits to the temples today.

When we got off the bus near to our hotel, thankfully, the rain had stopped.

When we were waiting for the bus this morning, George saw a KFC sign a little further up the road. When we started on this trip he had hoped to try this in each of the countries, and had done well until we got to Kuala Lumpur. That was the dinner location decided for tonight.

The walk back in the evening up to KFC was not a pleasant one. We both felt very uneasy about some of the people hanging around the streets. Added to that, neither of us were happy with the meal we had once we got there. Then we had to endure the same unsafe walk back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.382s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb