Malaysia . Kuala Lumpur . Langkawi . Penang [July 23 - August 1, 2014]


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
August 16th 2014
Published: August 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

My parents arrived Sunday July 20, 2014 and hung around Jakarta for three days as I went into work for meetings. It was the perfect amount of time for them to get over jet lag before flying off to Malaysia. Like last year we had a ten day holiday break because of Idul Fitri before the first day of school August 5, 2014. Our first destination was Kuala Lumpur where we paid a visit to the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and the Batu Caves. We only spent one day in the city before jetting off to Langkawi, an island near the Thai border. Over the next couple of days we explored the island in our rental car seeing Eagle Square, Wat Koh Wanararm Temple, Oriental Village, Cable Car, beach hopped, read, played games and swam in the warmest ocean water I have ever stepped foot in. The third and final destination on the itinerary was Penang. We stayed on Penang Island near George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Penang is known for their interactive wall murals and delicious food. We flew home Friday evening and had a full day yet together relaxing etc. before they flew back home Sunday afternoon. It was so nice to be able to show family where I live and the everyday sights, sounds and smells. I look forward to my next visitors coming soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 151, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb