11 May. Kuala Lumpur - shopping, Jackie Chan and dodgy toilets


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
May 11th 2012
Published: May 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a quick breakfast we headed out for our SHOPPING day. Luckily, we were ideally located to hit up a lot of the major malls, so that is exactly what we did. First stop was Zara where we both not only tried on clothes but also bought clothes. That really set the mood for the day as we then started hitting up the Havianna shop, Sephora, National Geographic and anything in between.

One of the major shopping centers we went into was huge. I was about seven levels of shops, and in the centre on the bottom floor was a large area set up with tens of Playstations, all of which were pretty much in constant use. We also found the Jackie Chan cafe where there were these almost bed like couches, and which we chilled at for a whole to rest our weary feet.

After some more shopping, we grabbed some lunch at a place which is known for its dim sum. I had a soup though which was quite tasty. In the afternoon, after some more clothes and odd shopping, we hit up KL's largest IT mall, which was full of geeks, no surprise there. Bought a flash drive and Soma looked at camera lenses, before we made our way back to our hostel with many bags in hand.

Then it was time to re-pack and work out how to fit all of the new things we had bought into our backpacks. Off to Chinatown for dinner, which is best described as 'things on sticks.' I stuck to things like broccoli and chicken, but Soma went for squid and mini whole crabs. Then some market shopping, mostly consisting of dodgy souvenir and rip-off items, including DVDs.

As the markets were closing we thought we would grab a quick drink somewhere that looked ok so that we could use a bathroom. Ended up choosing a place that had a fairly dodgy one, before walking to Melacca Square to get some photos of the buildings lit up at night before they switched off the lights at midnight.

Naturally, we then couldn't get a train or monorail back so had to can it back to Bukit Bintang where we headed out for a quick drink nearby. Found ourselves at a weird bar just around the corner from our hostel. Was quite a strange one, very little service too which probably shouldn't have been a surprise given service in Malaysia generally seemed to be quite relaxed.

Then it was a relatively early night in preparation for our early morning flight the next morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb