Arrived in K.L


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 25th 2006
Published: April 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Last night we ventured to the night markets in Penang again, and had an enormous meal - ate some pizza for a change from rice, and chris had some indian tandoori chicken, chilli duck and beef satay! Greedy guts. I must say that i was disappointed with my pizza, the worlds biggest pizza fan may be no more! Made me feel really sick to be honest, maybe i have broadended my food horizons!

Spent the rest of the evening looking for shorts for Luke (bro) - luke you will be glad to hear we managed to get you 2 pairs of billabong shorts and a billabong t-shirt (which chris quite fancies) for less than 10 pounds. hope you like them, will post off when we get to aus. Mum, got you cushions aswell they are really nice!

Headed back to hotel as we were both quite tired, and packed our stuff.

We traveled down to Kuala Lumpar this morning on a very comfortable bus indeed! They had massive reclining seats, and it was just like being in first class on the plane! sadly, we still have economy tickets for the flights - booo hooo! It took just over 5 hours to get here, i slept most of the way, and chris was bored of looking at palm trees!

Arriving on the motorway we got an amazing view of the twin towers, they had a mini version of them on penang - see photo. Our hotel was literally 5 minutes from the bus station so we walked and it is in the middle of china town and it is really cool. Plenty of handbags and watches - anyone want any! hehehehe.

just had a quick bite to eat - i had rice again - as we have been living off crisps and chocolate today - very naughty! Off to explore a bit and take some photos for tomorrows blog.

The city seems to be really cool and we are really close to alot of the cool things, will hopefully site see tomorow - its cooller here weather wise than Thailand - could be becuase it has just rained................ still about 34 degrees though!



Advertisement



25th April 2006

KL
Hey, sorry I missed you on msn. Had a minor crisis as had to take mark to hospital last night so was looking after him this morning - not that he needed it. You might be staying right near where we were staying cos we were only a short walk from the bus station as well - we also walked to that china town market thingy. It's so weird that you'll be seeing things that we saw, kind of like we're their with you. Trying and get some dodgey guy to drive you around the city like we did - it wasn't too expensive. Looking forward to piccies.
26th April 2006

Looking Good
Really glad to hear everything going well, we are not jealous of the sunshine and heat because we had sun today at home and it was nearly 16 degrees haha. Keep on blogging because it does brighten up our day to image where you are. Take care Phill
26th April 2006

Hello
Sounds like you are both having a fantastic time, although dont know when you get the time to write so much. How many suitcases will you be bringing home with you? How long are you in KL for? Weather here hasnt been too bad, seems to be picking up have had 2 barbies, although still a wee chilly. am buying a patio heater tomorrow, bet you we have a brill summer and never use it! oh well. Have a nice couple of weeks off at Easter, cant wait now till May 1/2 term, off to the Lakes with Dave and Justine and children, in caravans so should be good fun. Think we have a date for starting the extension, 22 May ish. Although Chris have decided now want Velux windows, so have to sweet talk the Building regs people. Have fun and am enjoying reading your comments, do this mean a book will be published on your return? Cant wait for the slide show. Take Care Luv Aunty Cathy (ha ha)

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb