It ain't BEER, its Chinese Tea


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
May 19th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Life's Simple Pleasures (LSP)



"... is to travel with a group of kakis whom you are comfortable with."

"... is to laugh at each other's silly behaviours and jokes on the road."

"... is to look after one another in a foreign land."

"... is to treat your travel kakis with respect."

"Above all, LSP is to enjoy the company of your kakis when the destination ahead of you is imperfect."




Food was ok as I showed J and M to my favourite Wan Ton Mee stall at Sungei Wang Complex for breakfast. For M, this was going to be the start of his Wan Ton Mee adventure in KL for the next 2 days. M was often hungry, having full meals throughout the day. One moment, he was having his A & W meal in Chinatown. And before I knew it, he was helping himself with the Nando's Chicken meal overlooking the Petronas Towers (Ok, J and I had a share too). He confessed that he would forsake any diet plans whenever he was overseas. Afterall, it was a time to destress and recharge.


J was on his usual self. Most of the time, he was a man of few words. But from time to time, he would entertain us with his sudden burst of humour. For me, there was not much 新鲜感 left in KL. Shopping was no more than 1 box of tau sa pia for personal consumption. In the end, my total expenditure for the 3 days was just S$70.


If you asked if my KL trip was fun, I would certainly give a resounding "yes". Not really Sunway Lagoon or the Pavilion Shopping Mall. Rather, a chance to cement ties and to spend quality time with friends. Of course, to share my experience of the city to the "next generation". Just like what K did 10 years ago.


Afterall, life is about learning and sharing.




P.S. In the spirit of humanity ~ a whole entourage would turn up at the railway station to see the father off as he boarded the train bounded to Singapore. This scene repeated itself at every other stops along the way. This was one of the things that struck me on my way home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb