To Borneo


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Penang and the lovely guys at 75 travelers lodge, (who have been mentioned twice in the Lonely Planet guide to South East Asia for their lovely friendly nature and hospitality with a BIG smile.
Caught a bus to Kuala Lumpur as we had a cheap flight from the KL airport out to Borneo island at 7am the next morning.
We didnt spend any time in KL as we thought it would be a good and conviently cheap idea to stay over night on a bench at the airport!!!! (When my flight was 6 hours delayed in Majorca I slept on holey iron seats like a baby and was fine). Here it is another story the seats are tiny and plastic, there no where comfortable and practical to liye. We were already quite a few km out of town so we took the offer of a travel lodge 6km away from the airport.
The flight was good, a bit boring but only lasted two hours.
We arrived in sandikarn Borneo, it was a very loacalised community and i did feel slightly uncomfortable whilst walking down the street, but i kept smiling and being polite to everyone and i was ok. You get some really funny people staring at you as its not often they get to see people from the west. All they relate us brits with is David Beckham!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb