Leaving on a Jet Plane


Advertisement
Published: March 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sydney - Kuala Lumpur

8 hrs Layover awaits before connecting flight to Nepal.

Day 1 - Leaving late afternoon we head to Sydney international Airport - Kuala Lumpur (KUL).

Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur 3:15 am, for this leg of the trip we have opted for no added extras on the AirAsia flight. It is hoped that we will get to sleep until landing. As I have not traveled with this airlines before, I will be most interested in the quality of service offered.

Just booking with AirAsia was an experience, as all the bookings and payment are done online, then later having to confirm your choice of seating and meals during the flight had some little unexpected hurdles that had me in a sweat. AirAsia offer cheap flights, but then you are charged for every little extra or change to the basic no-frills ticket.

Arrival at Kuala Lumpur (LCC Terminal) was a little ahead of schedule. Clearing customs was straight forward, but unfortunately Roxy and I had to go through the process of departure then checking in again as we were unable to get a straight through ticket from Sydney to Kathmandu. It's 3am in Kuala Lumpur and still very busy.

Aleks, Beruta and
Strapped in!Strapped in!Strapped in!

Ready for Take off...
Noel were waiting in the transfer area curled up sleeping, while I was on the outside looking in from Maccas, waiting for time to pass, so I could go through the check in procedure all over again. Once through the checking in stage it was by accident that I saw Aleks, wondering around the airport looking for a food spot, it appears I had walk straight pass them, not thinking to look for curled up bodies as I made my way to the departure terminal waiting area.

All together once again we went in search of coffee and a bit to eat. To pass the time we checked out the food and duty free shops and logged in to the free wifi access. This part of the journey was a little boring with an 9 hr layover before our next flight.

The time had arrived, finally we head for T14 and board our next flight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

KUL - LCC TerminalKUL - LCC Terminal
KUL - LCC Terminal

Just a little sampling going on......
KUL-AirAsia AirportKUL-AirAsia Airport
KUL-AirAsia Airport

11.15am start of Day 2


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb