Returning home


Advertisement
Published: November 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Spent the final day in Christchurch - the city centre is devastated by the earthquake but they are working on the clearing up and trying to get the city re-energised - there is a very inventive shopping centre using units similar to ship containers (but look far better) - you can't help thinking that it maybe better to relocate rather than rebuild.

The museum at the Botanical Garden was open and is well worth the visit.

Ended the time at New Zealand with an evening meal at the hotel.

The flight to Kuala Lumpur was hard - it seemed to go on for ever. At the Christchurch airport we were told our main case was too heavy so we had to re-arrange the luggage - the items booked in were transferred direct to Kuala Lumpur so we only had hand luggage, at Auckland we were told the case we had as hand luggage was too heavy - so we had to buy a small bag to transger things into - this is something we have never had before - so we will see how we go on when leaving Kuala Lumpur.

It turns out Petronas Towers reopens on THursday so we will see if we can get tickets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb