Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
January 28th 2012
Published: January 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur airport and straight away felt confortable in the new city. We had three days here so we booked striaght onto our first city tour. This took us all around KL and we saw some pretty impressive buildings. KL is actually a very rich city, with sky scrappers all over the place. They have a huge chinatown where we stayed and had some great meals, a palace where the King lives, huge shopping malls, acres of botanicla gardens, large war type statues dedicated to the fallen when fighting against communism this place has so much to see, hence the city tour purchase. After 7 hours sight seeing, we decided the Petronas towers would be the first port of call the next morning. We got there early enough to get the tickets (as you can only buy from the towers themselves). There was a queue of about 20-30 people at 6:30 am, we thought we were early! We managed to get a slot at 9:30 am and headed up to the 41st floor, sky bridge walkway. This had some increible sights, didnt realise that KL was so vast. After a few pics we were taken to the 86th floor, some 370 metres above ground level. These are the largest twin towers in the world, pretty impressive. At the 86th floor I looked outside and saw some window cleaners....yep windowcleaners!?! I asked one of the floor workers to explain who the hell would want that for a job, stuck in a little carriage thing, only attached by two ropes either side 370 metres off the ground!? She explained it takes 6 months to do one tower. Basically the two men have jobs for life.

After the excitement of the towers, we headed to the Aquarium to see some sharks. We weren't disappointed. We saw loads of different creatures, I touched a shark which felt pretty rubbery and saw snakes, spiders - all sorts. One little boy was standing face to face with a huge white & black python, and the door to his glass cage came slightly open, you could see daylight through the gap! I have never seen a dad jump so quickly to grab his son and pull him back, I just laughed because I didnt know what else to do...cry?! It was kind of funny because this Python then started to do some random dance thing, looking like it was about to bite the first arm put through the door...good luck ot his owner who holds him for pictures!!

We went on the underwater travelator thing which takes you through the actual aquarium. There were about 5 sharks, all between 7-10 foot long, the biggest was 10, big enough. He looked happy though. There was also two large turtles that were pretty cool just slowly lazing around looking for food, as they do. We then chilled out, agreeing that KL is a fabulous place and one in which you would bring family. It was so hot, the food and people were great. A big tick to KL and a place I would re-visit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb