Batty about Batu


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
December 9th 2011
Published: January 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We left Singapore after a hot and sweaty walk to the bus station. A few hours, buses and stamps in the passport later we arrived in Kuala Lumpur. Eventually we made it through the markets, where we were offered numerous DVDs, watches and t-shirts until we found our hostel.

We spent the first night getting information from a local who happened to run the bar on the roof top. He showed us a few of the sights including the Reggae Bar (that doesn't play reggae), the Reggae Mansion Rooftop Bar and the early morning/late night noodle stall. The tour finished around 5am and the next day was spent digesting what we had learnt.

Having fully digested all the infromation we went the following day to the Batu Caves. Where a 140ft high Murugan statue guards the entrance. Within the caves there a several shrines to different Hindu gods. There is also a hertitage sight, which is several kilometres of caves which are home to several bats, spiders, centipedes and cockroaches. We were able to vist only a small part of the cave but got to see some of the insects and hear the bats (no shining torches at the roof!).

Our next stop is the nicely cool Cameron Highlands....


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb