Malaysia


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well it's been a few days. Went back to the library in HK for some free Internet and couldn't get it working. Oh well.

Spent my last full day in hk at disneyworld! Wasnt nearly as big as in Florida but still a fun day. Lots of air conditioned shops to taEd breaks in and all theamazon rides were there - it's a small world, teacups, space mountain. Cinderellas castle was so small though it was alittle weird. Anyways being a 'single rider' is the best thing ever. The line ups for the ridEssex we're mostly 45 mins to an hour but they have a separate line for singles so they can fillempty spots and I didn't have to wait more than give minutes! So I went onspace mountain seventeen times and big gulch mountain seven or eight times without too much waiting.

Spent the rest of that evening riming around Kowloon, the part of hk across the harbour from central. So busy and packed but lotsoff different restaurants and shops and markets to look at. Stayed for the evening light show as well, the symphony of lights. The music starts to play then all the skyscrapers across the harbor have all these lights that flash on and of to the beat of the music.It was pretty good although you wouldn't know if it was the eighth wonder.F the world from the thousands of pp that were lined off to see it all pushing and shoving to get to the front. I stayed for a few mins then snuck off to take advantage of the relative quiet t the shops to get me a gelato!

Yesterday was a travel day. Got to the airport preTTY early for my airasia flit to kuala lumpur, Malaysia. Well I thought I was really early then realized my watch was almost an hour slow! Luckily was there plenty early anyways and made it without a hitch. Except the guy sitting next to me on thelane had theworst BO ever. Seriously take a shower! Anyways four hours later arrived then a one our bus ride in to tHe city.

Not overly impressed with KL so far. Kinda weird one minute it's a dirty street covered in litter with shacks on both sides then thenext block is a ten story glitzy totally western shopping centre. They do have a monoraforays part of the transit system tho so I'm enjoying that.

Spent this morning walking around town. Went to the tourism office for a map, walked by the petronas towers, chinatown, central market, a big mosque. Not much else to do here. Oh right there's a smallish river that is so horribly smelly and polluted and there are all these reptiles swimming around in it amongst the garbage. So odd.

Off to Malacca tomorrow I believe theN Probably up to Penang. Not sure what else to do here doesn't seem to be a whole lot to keep me occupied. Other things I need to do before going home - Cambodia to see Angkor, Thailand to lie n the beach and revisit Bangkok without buying a suit. Not sure what else we'll see!

Advertisement



7th August 2012

Hello again!
Great to have you back --felt deprived without the daily entry! Things are humming along. Kinda amusing to think of Disneyland in H.K. Had to laugh at the numerous rides you took -- wouldn't do for me to try that. Interesting observations of the terrain. Next best thing to being there. Bye for now, Nan

Tot: 0.414s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb