Perhentian Islands - Kecil


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
August 29th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up bright and early and set out on the 5 hour ride to Kuala Besut, the town with the jetty that has boats going to the Perhentian islands. Our friends told us that the islands were beautiful and that we wanted to stay at Butterfly Chalets. When we arrived on the island, Mom and I dropped our bags and butts at a restaruant while Tris went out to find the best deal on a room. After hunting our side of the island and finding nothing worth it (the owner at Butterfly Chalet was a complete jerk, and the chalets were pretty dinky for the amount he wanted) he hiked over to the other side of the island and asked around there. He came back with nothing better, so we headed to the nicest and most expensive place on the whole beach in hopes to get a dorm room. Of course with our luck they only had 2 beds, so we decided Mom would charge the $65 room to her credit card, and we'd head back to the main land the next day. We bought flights to Phuket, Thailand for 2 days later and will spend the next few weeks travelling there.

After getting into our room that wasn't worth $65 we got into our bathing suits and headed out to get some sun. In the evening in poured rain so we hung out in our room.




Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

monkeymonkey
monkey

he's a pet


Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb