Perhentian Paradise


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
August 15th 2009
Published: August 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Beach, book, sunshine, snorkelling, clear water...yes to all the above.

Perhentian Kecil is my current location, after a day on a bus and a (speedy/bumpy!) boat we arrived at the island of Perhentian Kecil. Luckily we had managed to pre-book accomodation at D'Lagoon because all the other places on the island were full. Most people headed to the popular Long beach and got turned away. In fact, D'Lagoon turned out to be the better option for us, with more fish and better snorkelling than the sands of long beach.

We were able to walk 10 minutes to Turtle bay and snorkel, then another ten minutes to Adam and Eve bay for more snorkelling. I saw a small black tip reef shark which was cool. The water is perfect, and the coral is quite good, especially the further from shore I swam.

An hours walk took us to long beach for lunch and this was more of a sandy beach with a bit less snorkelling. I think further out there are good spots, as scuba diving is very popular.

A knee injury put me out of action for a couple of days, but what better place to recuperate than a beautiful beach with sounds of waves and sunshine - it could be worse!

Sunset over Turtle bay beach was very pretty, and then we watched a black tip shark swimming around in the very shallow water with it's fin poking up!

I went on a turtle spottingtrip which was great. A fifteen minute boat ride away, we jumped in the warm azure waters and there was a turtle grazing on the ocean floor. It was fantastic, and then he came up to get some air, so close to us. I was glad I took an underwater camera! We saw another turtle, and then moved on to see swarms of fish swimming so close to my face and all around. Back to see more turtles, and there were two together that nuzzled each other! It was lovely to see them graze and swim so gracefully!

Another snorkelling trip took me to paradise - a secluded private beach with 3 shades of clear blue out towards the horizon! I saw angel fish, electric blue fish, fantastic parrot fish and goat fish.

Our last morning was spent on Long beach with pure clear waters, that were so buoyant! Great fun to swim in!
After a boat and a fun mimi bus ride with locals to the airport, we flew to Kuala Lumpur late at night, and set up our beds at the nearby international airport that actually turned out to be quite comfy! The next morning we were on board another air asia plane to Thailand....


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Bed for the nightBed for the night
Bed for the night

We slept here at KLIA whilst waiting for a flight to Thailand the next morning!


22nd August 2009

Makes my Devon holiday seem a bit inadequate... xx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb