Perhentian Kecil


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
September 24th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our first full day on the island and time to start living in swim wear! the electricity shuts off at 7.30am meaning our room fan turns off and by 8am we are awake because of the heat!

We were going to walk to longbeach today so we packed up our beach essentials and headed into the jungle. Longbeach is on the opposite side of the island to coral bay so we had to walk up and through the jungle. The path is quite scary because the jungle is all around and all you can hear is faint rustling before a squirral or lizard, some very large, appear before you. The heat was sweltering but within 10mins we are at longbeach. A reasonable but by no means extensive stretch of sand lay before us with more guesthouses and cafes. the bonus this side is that the sea has a sand bottom and so is much more accessible for a quick dip to escape the heat. We sunbathed here all day before returning to Amelias for stingray on the bbq!

Advertisement



29th September 2008

Unusual bbq fare! We had beefburgers and onions one night and steaks the other. Not quite in the same league but at least the weather was good, lovely warm September days for the w'end. Trust you're topping up the tans for the return home so that we are all impressed. I'm only jealous, it sounds like paradise. I'm now about to read the next diary entries. Love to both Mum.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb