A couple islands and a birthday


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
June 20th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

20 June - 8 July

We set out at 5AM to catch our ferry to the Perhentian Islands, for more scuba and beachy lazy afternoons. Our guesthouse friends Tom from the UK and Peter from Germany split a cab with us and we soon found ourselves aboard the "fast ferry" to the islands. Now I had heard a few horror stories about the fast ferries, but figured, hey, at least we'll get there quickly. However, time slows down considerably when you're terrified, so I'm not sure in the end that this was the best bet. The "captain" was an 18-ish yr old Malay who seemed blissfully unaware that we were all white-knuckled and saying Hail Maries, Our Fathers or whatever prayers popped into our heads as we crashed over the huge waves. It was kind of like a police chase out of Miami Vice.

We arrived a little green in the face with slightly soggy bags on Long Beach, the more active strip of beach on the small island. The big island was much more resort-y (read: more expensive, less fun) and as our standards are in direct relation to the room price, we were quite happy to find...




Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



11th July 2007

happy birthday!!!
the title says it all :)
12th July 2007

hello birthday girl
hey gorgeous how the hell are you?! would love to give you a call. do you have a no i can call you on.? wld be great to catch up.. so the big 30! welcome to the adult world ;-) speak soon hon..love p xx

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb