Kuching and cats


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
June 4th 2011
Published: June 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Kuching got its name from either having a high number of cats living in the area when found our having trees with a fruit that look similar to cat eyes. So this morning we headed for the Cat Museum in hope to find out more. Taking the bus then walking up the steep hill we were surprised by what we found! Very surprised. The best way to describe the museum is by the contents looking like they were found in a old ladies house when she died and someone decided to put them into a museum, in a very modern and nice looking building. There is everything in it that has either a cat picture of form ie keyrings, cards, cartoon posters, toy statutes of every kind imaginable and not, cat food displays and pictures of cats dressed up. It is officially the most random museum I have ever been in and the most entertaining. There is little information about cats really but it was a different view of a museum, just needed to be in an old grandma type house!
As a heavy storm came through we had lunch in a food cart and chocolate waffles while trying to not get too wet on our way to Sarawak museum. Once there we found out it now closes on weekends and with the rain slowing we asked for directions to the weekend markets.
After a 20 minutes walk to the markets we realised thats where everyone was getting off the bus earlier when we went to the cat museum. Most of it was fresh fruit, veg, meat and fish but I managed to find a small bag and a camera bag. Following Lee's shortcut directions (using a map) back to the hostel we went back the longest possible route. We were very glad it was he who had hurt his foot!
For dinner we went to an Arabian restaurant sure I knew where it was Lee was adamant it was in the other direction so following him on a 15 minute walk in the wrong direction we then had to head back towards the hostel as it was literally a two minute walk from there. Men and directions! The food was amazing and we intend to go back one night and taste more : )


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb