RAIN - forest in Kuching


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
July 16th 2010
Published: July 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We depart from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching by airasia at 8am and arrived earlier so that we can mingle with the city before get to use of it. Hot and humid just like others Asian country. Warm greets from Tracks BnB staff, Igat. The guesthouse look nice with simple decoration and complete with Wifi connection.

1st day, we check out all around town, went to bazaar where all handicraft and souvenir can be found,but most of the shops is already closed. The building architeture look amazing for me . During night we walk down to Satok market that located about 20min from Kuching town, Jodie wanted to buy 'ikan terubok', famous salty fish in Sarawak. By the time we reach, all shop already closed. So we decide to jot down contact number person who can delivered it to us.

2nd day. Wake up early at 9am. Prepare everything before we go to Santubong, where the RWMF2010 will be held. After breakfast, we catch bus to Santubong at 12:30pm. Very efficient service, they provide shuttle to transfer festival goers that cost RM10 per way. Journey take about 45min, with a breath taking
scenery from Mount Santubong.

This's the 13th time of this event. Where annualythey assemble all traditional musician from all over the world, with village environment, they set up the stage with background of jungle. It amazing while you can hangout with bunch of people same interest with you, in middle of jungle with culture music and performance.

Unfortunately, while the event already half way to go, raining start falling. But the event still go on,
lucky we bring our raincoat, I'm well prepared to party in the rain though. It turn to be muddy festival.

3rd day, I went to the museum alone. This is the right place that I can get a better picture and history about Borneo native tribe. Different from peninsular life, where all this native mostly come from the jungle.
They got at least 5 tribe, Iban, Bidayuh, Orang Ulu, Melanau and Penan. All different tribe got their culture, living way to follow, it also can be identify from architecture of their house.

4th Day. Next places to go .??!





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb