Stupid O Clock


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Tuaran
April 7th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.15468, 116.147

Well that was early. A 2.45am alarm was not the most welcome of sounds, as we rose at stupid o'clock to catch our flight north to the jungle. The lady at reception was lovely and we managed to get away with not paying for cocktails either night rather than just the first!! Bill paid, we were given an unexpected takeaway breakfast and greeted by our transport, who seemed much more friendly than he last, but alas still did not say a word to us.

We drove through down town Kota and I was quite grateful that we stayed in the hotel yesterday and did not make the 2 hr round trip to see he city. There wasn't much to see. We drove passed the mosque, the tourist attraction of Kota, which was lit up in all its glory and some very posh hotels on the harbour front. Other than a few stray dogs the streets were very quiet!

The airport was also deadly quiet with a few people snoozing on the seats as we walked in. We gulped our water and pain au chocolate out of our pack up, but sandwiches and bananas were too much to handle at that time of day!!

Once checked in we followed he internal flight signs to a deserted security check and then another 6 mile walk to a deserted departure lounge. No wifi working, we played a word game on my phone for abt 90mins. The majority of the people that turned up were Malaysian, however there are another 2, white couples on the plane. We are speculating they will be on the same trip as us. Esp the ones sat next to us on the plane!!

The plane is small, 4 seats across, a little like the one we flew on in Iceland. Apple juice once on board, considering it's only a 55min flight, a welcome bonus!! The mist over the forests was a lovely sight. Fingers crossed for a smooth flight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb