Under the sea in Borneo!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Mabul
December 21st 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After visiting Kota Kinabulu and deciding not to climb the mountain but to save our pennies and go learn to dive we took the horrible night bus to Semporna. After arriving at 4am and wandering around town until we found a hostel with 24 hour reception we managed to book ourselves a little trip to Mabul island.

We've just returned from a week with dear Uncle Chang on Mabul island. Mabul is famous for three things, Uncle Chang, the diving and the tanduay (see pics). We had an amazing time, met some amazing people and saw some amazing things, sharks, turtles and nemo to name but a few.
Dom completed his open water diving course which means he can now dive anywhere but due to my ears I just snorkled, (I say 'just' but the snorkeling gave the diving a run for it's money)!

Christmas for us was spent in the jungle, but for now we are going to just post some photos of the diving and uncle changs and the jungle blog will follow soon (we hope!)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone x

Just to let you all know we are as desperate to post a new blog full of yummy pics as you are to read one, but we are having a small problem with a little virus on our memory stick so need to get that sorted first. But rest assured we will bombard you with photos as soon as we can!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb