What a hole!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Labuan
March 28th 2007
Published: March 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left our hotel in Brunei at 9am and headed into town, where we caught the local bus to Muara. Once at the bus station, which was more like a small car park, we needed to decide whether to stay in Muara (as we had read that there were some good beaches there) or head to the ferry port and go straight to Pulua Labuan, both were a bus ride away.

We were unsure as to which bus to catch to the beach so we approached what appeared from a distance to be a notice board. But on closer examination it turned out to be Brunei's most wanted board. There were about 12 men on it, all looking like rather naughty boys!

So we decided to ask a couple of people how to get to the beach and it turned out we had to catch the same bus that takes you to the ferry port. In the end we decided to head straight to Pulau Labuan, which turned out to be a good idea as there was a serious lack of accommodation near the beach!

We managed to get a ticket no problem despite the boat being quite full, there must have only been in total about five western people on board including us. Two of which sat next to us, so for the majority of the journey we were the main object of attention for most of the Asian men. Who were extremely rude, blatantly obvious that they were staring at us, even after we met eye contact with them they continued to stare, how very dare they!

Once on the Island we made our way to the guesthouse mentioned in our lonely planet, but there was only the family deluxe room left, which was the furthest thing removed from deluxe I have ever seen. Thank goodness we were only staying for the one night. So the first thing we did after checking in was to head straight back to the pier and book tickets to take us to Borneo on the first boat to leave the next morning.

There was not allot to do here apart from go on the internet and have a beer, which was greatly appreciated considering the state of our room and the fact that there was no alcoholic beverages in Brunei.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb