Cocktails by the Ocean


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
January 19th 2016
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Looking Out01 Looking Out01 Looking Out

The view out the window somewhere over Borneo.
Geo: 5.97267, 116.071

It was a very short flight of only 45 minutes. Towards the end of the flight we had a great view of Kota Kinabalu. It is a well known mountain on the island that adventurous people like to climb. At Kota Kinabalu airport we collected our bags and got into a taxi. We were staying at a resort that was just out of town.

We checked and were taken to our room. On the way we passed a nice looking pool and walked through well maintained gardens. There didn't seem to be many other guests around at the moment. It was now time for us to relax. We freshened up and walked to the bar and restaurant area which was by the beach. Here we ordered some cocktails and enjoyed the beautiful and peaceful ocean scenery.

Our timing was perfect, as happy hour had just started, this made us even happier! The prices for cocktails here was so much cheaper than Australia, about a third of the price. The water in the ocean was nice and warm, but I don't know if I would swim in it. From the beach we couldn't see any other people around.

As we sat under
02 Mt Kinabalu02 Mt Kinabalu02 Mt Kinabalu

The view of the famous mountain as we fly by.
the coconut palms, drinking cocktails, the sun was starting to set. The colours in the sky were spectacular. Once the sun had set we went to the restaurant for dinner. There were only about a dozen other people there, it didn't look like we'd be meeting any other travellers tonight. After dinner we went back to our room and watched TV.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

03 Kota Kinabalu03 Kota Kinabalu
03 Kota Kinabalu

Descending into Kota Kinabalu.
04 Happy Hour!04 Happy Hour!
04 Happy Hour!

We drank cocktails under the coconut palm.
05 View05 View
05 View

The view of the ocean from the resort.
06 Sunset06 Sunset
06 Sunset

A great view as the sun is starting to set.
07 Ocean07 Ocean
07 Ocean

A view of the ocean as the sun starts to set.
08 Ocean08 Ocean
08 Ocean

A view of the ocean as the sun starts to set.
09 Resort09 Resort
09 Resort

A view of our resort from the beach.
10 Crab Holes10 Crab Holes
10 Crab Holes

Little holes made by the crabs.
11 Beach11 Beach
11 Beach

A view of the beach from our sun loungers.
12 Sunset12 Sunset
12 Sunset

A view of the sun setting.
13 Sunset13 Sunset
13 Sunset

A view of the sun setting.
14 Sunset14 Sunset
14 Sunset

A view of the sun setting.
15 Gecko15 Gecko
15 Gecko

A gecko inside the lantern.


Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb