Last morning


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 17th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 5.92492, 116.05

As usual before travel day, I did not sleep much, but hopefully this means I should be able to sleep on the overnight flight home and be ok when we get to London! ( although watching 5 films is probably a little more likely!!)

We packed, had a monster breakfast and went to checkout by 11am with our boat leaving the island at 1pm. Check out took forever as they had people arriving at the same time!! We managed to get our red bottle of wine for free by playing naivety about it and went to sit in the bar on the sofas until it was time to catch the boat.

There was no sign of our bags on the jetty, but we were assured they were on their way. There were lots of fishes around to watch whilst we waited. We were kind of glad to be going as there was a Japanese family of abt 50kids who seemed to have no volume control or manners screaming in the pool and on the beach. They were abt 400m away from us and we could still hear them clear as day!!

The boat journey was direct and not too bumpy. At the office we were met by another little taxi driver who was waiting to zoom us to the airport.

We cleared passport and security without getting stopped .... minor miracle. Now 2 hrs to kill. I have bought a horrific sew on badge, but it is the only one I have found with an orangutan on it and some chocolate which was 40% off in the end!! Nom nom nom!! Now for a sit in a boring airport rather than a sit on our paradise island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb