The Disaster of Day 51.


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
September 4th 2011
Published: September 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arriving late at night in KK we crashed at Borneo Backpackers lodge. The next morning we made a horrifying discovery. My external hard drive with 1,500 - 7 weeks worth - of photos had been stolen. We searched everywhere but to no avail. Guessing that it must've been taken on one of the various forms of transport we had made since Thailand - the last place we used it.

Obviously this was a MAJOR bummer. We literally could've got on fine with anything else being stolen. It was devastating and made us feel sick.

After a moment's (hour's) silence in memoriam (rage/depression), many 'shoulda woulda coulda's', and a few 'at least's' we slowly began coming to terms with our loss. Booking our Jungle trip for the next few days helped a lot, not just because it gave us something to look forward to but because the lady who ran the office, Peggy, was hilarious.

The rather rotund local spent a good 2 hours nattering away to us about everything under the sun including some of her friends, and a brief history lesson on Sabah - which was actually quite interesting. We had prepared ourselves for activities in Sabah being fairly pricey, but we weren't prepared enough. Originally we were going to hike up Mount Kinabalu, but it's just too expensive, so has been added to our ever growing list of 'Things To Do When We Come Back.'

Next stop, Sepilok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb