Family Holiday in Kudat and Kota Kinabalu, Sabah


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
December 11th 2007
Published: December 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Taken at Kinabalu Pine ResortTaken at Kinabalu Pine ResortTaken at Kinabalu Pine Resort

Taken at Kinabalu Pine Resort - Swiss Like Chalets


Day 1 - Sibu to Miri

We anticipated a long journey to Kota Kinabalu or KK in short when we started our trip by coach bus from Sibu to Miri and to KK via AirAsia from Miri. The bus connection is really due to the high cost of air travel imposed by ‘Mas Wing’ where cost is more expensive than the former Fax. That is one of the setbacks of MAS rationalization exercise to domestic sector. Anyway, it helps the road transport sector as the bus company told me that it started to see some profits only this year after suffering losses from the past six years they were engaged in the business.

The bus departed from Sibu at 8.30 p.m. We made a short stops mainly for toilets at Selangau and Batu Niah before reaching Kpg MosJaya or Survey near Miri Airport for an early breakfast at about 4.30 a.m. The Miri International Airport has just opened for the day when we arrived for checking in.


Day 2 - Miri - Kota Kinabalu - Ranau

Checking in was smooth and Airasia surprised us indeed by an early departure and proud announcement that it
Mt KinabaluMt KinabaluMt Kinabalu

With the Magnificent Mt Kinabalu as background. The summit is hidden by the cloud.
has actually arrived in KK earler by 30 minutes! No wonder that Everybody Can Fly.

We were met by Mr Chua, our tour guide at KK Airport before boarding a tour coach. We headed to the town centre passing a Chinese Temple, State Mosque and the Menara Tun Mustapha. It is a cylindrical building with 2160 pieces of glass panels. It houses the headquarters of Yayasan Sabah. The glass facade changes colours as the sky colour changes. Photo shots were taken at a distance from the building and everybody had fun with the strange magical pose by ‘holding’ the building in their hands.

We headed to Kundasang of Mount Kinabalu and arrived at Kinabalu Pine Resort which is about 90 min drive away from Kota Kinabalu at noon. We had an early lunch at the restaurant before checking in to the rooms. We proceeded to Poring Hot Srping to sooth our aching muscles. It is located about 39km from Kinabalu Park. On the way we can see magnificent rolling hills and valleys. Soaking your feet or immerse your body in water with temperature of about 49 -60 degrees Celsius could be a memorable experience. A must do at
KudatKudatKudat

Northern Tip of Borneo - 7 degrees north of equator
the Poring Hot Spring is to go on a scenic trek on the canopy walk which permits you to stroll 41 metres above the rainforest floor.. Most of us tried the scary experience but it was real fun for kids. The dinner was served in the style of steam boat at the same restaurant. The night was cold which makes a good night’s rest for everyone.

Day 3 - Kudat

Early morning stroll in the Pine Resort could see beautiful sights and sceneries especially when one could have a magnificent view of the Mount Kinabalu. On good days, the peak could be seen clearly. However, it seldom happens during rainy season in December. We enjoyed porridege served for breakfast before heading for Kudat. On the way we stopped at Ranau?

Lunch was taken at Kota Belud town known as the home of Cowboys of the East.

We turned into a road which led us to the Tip of Borneo or Tanjung Simpang Mengayau.

Shopping spree at Centre Point Sabah, home to Pacific Ngiu Kee Department Store. Warisan Square is a place for brand names and top quaity goods. This includes Parkson Grand and the Handicraft Centre.

Day 4 - KK City Centre

We visited the bee farms at Kg Gombizau. Beware of the bees which may still show off their scary stings although the workers assured you that the smoke they produced from burning coconut husks will make them ‘drunk’!

We had a short stop at the Pusat Kraft Tangan or better known as the Philippines Market for some handicrafts and dry produce.

Dinner was served at a Malay Restaurant at Seri Melaka.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb