Tunku Abdul Rahman Park


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SapiSapiSapi

Sapi Beach
Still suffering from the flight so took it easy today, after slow start we all headed off for a bit of a chill out on one of the Islands off Kota Kinabalu. We plumped for the Island of Sapi - a small island that forms part of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park. We left on a speed boat to bounce our way island where as soon as we arrived the sun disappeared and the clouds came rolling in - seemingly we are at the start of monsoon and the rains will most likely make appearances most afternoons.

Sapi is a very small little island with a pretty little sandy beach. Dispite clouds we enjoyed a bit of a chillout on the beach and some snorkelling in the shallows amongst hordes of Seargent Major fish and the odd Pufferfish and a fiesty Wrasse of two that decided my very white legs may prove a tasty if somewhat large morsel to eat.

As the clouds closed in and the rains made an appearance we decided to go for a walk along the Nature Reserve Trail - having not put on suitable footwear for treking amongst forest trails we were thwated
On the boat On the boat On the boat

Heading out to Sapi
at the second steep incline we encountered and not wishing to miss our last boat back to the mainland we admitted defeat and returned back to the beach. Wildlife encounter = 1 but an impressively large lizard so not so bad a tally for a short walk.

Headed on back to KK and food and yet another early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Jetty at SapiJetty at Sapi
Jetty at Sapi

The jetty at Sapi
Sapi The TrailSapi The Trail
Sapi The Trail

We were not so well prepared for Sapi's Nature Trail and soon had to return to base (beach)


24th June 2007

Great piccies
Great to see pictures of your travels and read about your exploits. Look forward to the continuing saga.
27th June 2007

So Far So Good....
Wow looks stunning and I'm so glad you made it safely. Really interesting to read your blogs and see the photo's....keep em coming!!!

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 17; qc: 107; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb