Phase 3 - Adventure...Trekking Long Pasia,Diving Mamutik, Working Crocker Range and Climbing Mount Kinabalu.


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 19th 2007
Published: April 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

First day .First day .First day .

View after a 6 hour trek looking over Long Pasia and Long Mia.
After 6/7 weeks of hot hard grafting we end our remaining weeks on an adventure!!! Alpha 9 set off to Long Pasia with Bob and Franco 'legends!!'...... After a fantastic night with Ronleys family eating fantastic food we head into the jungle for a 7 day trek...6/7/8 hours a day with our weeks supplies on our back...It was awesome. Hanging up your hammock between two trees in the rain(its ok skin is waterproof!!!!) was interesting especially the first two nights where I slept in a pubble but the longer it went on the more practice we got ...now of course i am a legend at stringing up bashers(after i got over my fear of parangs..) The trek at times was pretty up and down (the terrain!!) the sites were beautiful and eating mouse deer and monkey was interresting. The feeling of living in the jungle was amazing ...degfinately an exp[eriance id love to do again..

Diving in Mamutik Island..... 5 days diving , completing my PADI open water... Very chilled five days ...sun , swim, dive,football, rain, coconuts ...I think the pictures will say it all.

Crocker Range - 'Utan Paradise', The Crocker Range was very cool - we had a lot of fun building steps down to the river where potentially a tourism destination a trail has been built for tourist to go and swim in the waterfall. Again it is a beautiful location and to be honest we had it pretty good there.

Mount Kinabalu - What a climb - I was dreading it more than anything but it turned out to be brilliant - its all about pacing yourself. We set off about 1 in the afternoon ...oh I need to add in our fancydress but i wont explain just look at the shots. It took me and Jo 3 hours to climb to the lodge which is pretty good for me i must say and bless Jo she was really Ill. We bedded down for a couple of hours and set off again at 3am to reach the top at 5 so we saw the sunrise. It was freezing up there but beautiful and a pretty hard climb at that time with a headtorch.




Additional photos below
Photos: 106, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

BobBob
Bob

Always the crazy one - hanging off the edge!!!
The view from my hammock.The view from my hammock.
The view from my hammock.

One word....AMAZING.
Franco and Nor observing.Franco and Nor observing.
Franco and Nor observing.

Uncle Nor is our guide and took us into parts of the jungle only he is allowed to go. He is from Long Pasia and is an decendant of the head hunters.


9th June 2007

Trekking in Long Pasia
Did u enjoy jungle trekking in Long Pasia?
14th June 2007

Absolutely
Loved it - would definately do it again.
8th July 2007

Trekking
Raleigh Int. phase 2 coming soon, u join?
10th July 2007

Trekking.
Would love to if i could afford it right now...but i'm afraid not.
15th July 2007

just curious
Hi Jo, just curious......how much have to pay for the Raleigh operation event?

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 96; dbt: 0.0977s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb