Aqua Adventure (Gopeng, Perak): Waterfall Abseilling, Rafting, Caving


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Perak
July 18th 2010
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Date : 12th-13th June 2010
Company : MMAdventures (www.mmadventure.com)
Cost : RM 340/pax for group of 7 (inclusive of accommodation, lunch, equipment)

Hello,

This is way overdue since we had our trip in mid June. My heartfelt thanks to Michael and gang for being so accommodating and professional throughout our 2D1N activity. From arranging our accommodation and transportation to being our guide, everything was excellent and way beyond my expectations.

Abseilling and rafting was an unforgettable experience for all of us. Lots of adrenaline since the first day we arrived. Our first activity, waterfall abseiling, was just the start of 2 days worth of fun. Looking down at the edge of the 10m waterfall with huge rocks below, can be nerve wrecking. A word of advice: don’t think so much. You have paid for the activity, just get on with it. The descend was quick. That gave us reason to abseil up to 4 times!! Even though 4 rounds of abseiling wasn’t really enough, we decided to safe energy for lunch and rafting.

I still remember the kampong-style home cooked lunch we had on our first day. That was fantabulous. Tahu masak kicap ( bean curd cooked in soy sauce), sambal fried fish, stir fried vege, curry chicken. A simple meal. But truly Asia…

The guides, Jus and MJ, who guided us through the rafting activity were very patient and hospitable. And yes, I am not ashamed to mention that I was the only one who fell off the boat. You don’t have to be afraid of drowning. Because you are wearing a life vest. You just have to worry about hitting the boulders. Injury can be minimized by going feet first, so that you won’t hit your head first on the rock. Even if you do go head first, don’t fret, because you will be wearing a helmet.  but everyone has got to do it at least once. Rafting instills teamwork and camaraderie (I know it sounds corny, but it is true)

The highlight of the trip was definitely caving in Gua Tempurung. I cant believe we spent almost 5 hours in there. Hats off to Michael for being the best tour guide I have ever met so far.

The definition of a Guide is someone who serves as a model for others, as in a course of conduct, and shows the way by leading, directing or advising. I have no qualms in mentioning that Michael and Ani did exactly that. Not only were they guiding us through the cave, they were educating us on the history and the geographical transformations in the cave, and how to be responsible tourists. Having about 2 decades of experience in caving, Michael ensures the safety of his participants during caving and abseiling. We went in, complete with helmet, torchlight and headlamps.

The trip was really one of a kind. The team’s willingness to share their knowledge still bears an impression on me till today. I would recommend this company to those who want to go there to have fun and come back with knowledge to pass on to others, and of course, happy memories.

100% satisfaction guaranteed?? I agree!!

Hope to work with MMAdventures again!

Siti Sarah Aziz


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb