Days 3 - 10: Pangkor Island, Ipoh & Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Perak » Pulau Pangkor
May 25th 2012
Published: May 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sorry it has taken us so long to update the blog but we realised that we can't add new entries with our iPhones and so have to wait till we have a computer.

We spent 6 days on Pulau Pangkor (Pangkor Island) which is on the Malaysian west coast. It was a super relaxing, lazy 6 days spent on the beach, enjoying the sunshine and the seafood. Lewis says "Pangkor Island is the best place in the world". We met some really nice locals who ran the "One Love" mocktail bar on the seafront and taught us some serious skillz. Lewis is on his way to becoming a master of poi, Louise is also learning some sweet poi tricks and also at flairing although she's not quite as good as David (Nicholsby). Dave Smith drank lots of rum. We also hired some mopeds for the day and drove round the island, saw some huge lizards and monkeys. Oh we were also joined one day during a swim in the sea by a beaver.

We also went to the Coral Bay Island (a small Island off Pangkor) beach party, played some games and saw a fire show.

We moved on to Ipoh for one night after Pangkor which was a bit of a disappointment compared to the island.
So we quickly moved on to the Cameron Highlands where we're writing the second part of our blog for you all.

The Cameron Highlands are a lot cooler than lowland Malaysia and a welcome relief to the humid temperatures of +35C everyday. :D We visited some tea plantations, strawberry fields, honey bee farms and went for a jungle trek.

Tomorrow we are setting off to the Perhentian Islands where we will be spending about 5-7 days. There is only electricity on the island from 7pm-7am (generators) so you'll be hearing from us after our second beach holiday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



28th May 2012

Envy!!!!!!
Looks wonderful we are now in the mood for a holiday!!!!!! Its geat to see the photographs. Enjoy yourselves, keep safe and we look forward to the next update.
10th June 2012
Dinner

Fuck me you guys are having a great time!! Jealousy is not the word! Keep it up guys!!!!!!
1st July 2012

Hello I've been looking at your photos and looks like your havin a great time. At sports day last Friday I won some medals for sprinting throwing and jumping. Lots of love From Holly xxx
8th August 2012

Amazing, guys!
I love that "Smashed" pic - I think that should definitely become your Facebook profile pics :P And that coconut that the monkey's stealing is ma-hooo-sive! Very impressed with the fire poi, I expect to see a live performance when you're back :)

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb