Malaysia Day 11


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » Batu Ferringhi
May 28th 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 Today’s planned expedition to George Town was scuppered by the weather. When we woke up, the heavens had done the same and torrential rain was falling with a little bit of flash flooding.

In the morning we found out the the Governor of Penang was visiting the hotel so watched when he arrived as a formal ceremony was performed.

We decided that we would wait a while to see if it cleared up and round about midday we decided to head to one of the shopping malls instead. We commandeered a taxi and negotiated a price of RM50 instead of RM60. He quoted RM60 and said the mall was near the airport but that is bullshit so we didn’t feel like paying his quoted price and walked away to catch the bus.

We went to Queensbay Mall which is the largest shopping centre on Penang mainland and spent about 5 hours wandering around the place. The centres in Malaysia never to cease amaze as a lot of the newer ones such as this one are huge. Peter spent a bit of time in Starbucks using their free wi-fi in exchange for a cuppa loading up the last three days blogs whilst the other three wandered the mall.





We then decided to use public transport to return back o the hotel and got the bus (route 204) to Gurney Plaza where we took a break and had dinner at Maccas. After dinner we returned to hotel on bus 101. Since we used the dodgy bus a couple of days ago, we learnt to use Rapid Penang buses as they are much more efficient and cleaner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb