Pulau Tioman


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Pulau Tioman
May 15th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

May 15 - 31

I've recovered these photos of my entry for Pulau Tioman, but the text is still missing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Puteri Guest HousePuteri Guest House
Puteri Guest House

Guest House where we spent the first week in Salang, Pulau Tioman
Monitor LizardMonitor Lizard
Monitor Lizard

All around the island there were these gigantic monitor lizards, anywhere from one to two meters long. They'd leave you along as long as you didn't bother them. The monkeys were a different story - they could be quite aggressive.
Jen, Kris, Gabriel and EugenioJen, Kris, Gabriel and Eugenio
Jen, Kris, Gabriel and Eugenio

Hanging out with a couple new Italian friends at on of the local beach side restaurants.
At the beach barAt the beach bar
At the beach bar

Late nights, the beach bar at the very end of the small beach was opened - Here Lisi and Stefan, our new friends from Salzburg, are hanging out with Azmi, a local who could be found here every night. Check out Jen and Chris' dance party in the background...
Andy and KrisAndy and Kris
Andy and Kris

We did a round island boat trip with our new friends Andy, Lisi and Stefan, Martin, Chris, Azel, Chris, Phillipe, Silva, Kerstin, and Min (our captain)
Twin peaksTwin peaks
Twin peaks

Near the southern tip of the island, there were these two enormous peaks.
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

At the southern tip of the island there was a beautiful waterfall that we hiked to. The water was cool and refreshing - we jumped a few times off the rocks and took turns hanging out under the running water.


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb