26 hours in Kuantan


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Kuantan
September 14th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My last trip to Taiwan was fulifiling and challenging as I was very much involved in the pre-trip planning process. However, once in a while, it was always nice to have everything worked out for you. And all you have to do is to just follow and enjoy the journey......


Where: Kuantan, Malaysia
What: A Factory Visit
Start: Friday, 12th September 2008, 8.30pm
End: Saturday, 13th September 2008, 10.30pm
Costs: S$170 (fully subsidised)


About 7 hours drive from Singapore brought us to the city of Kuantan, the state capital for the state of Pahang (the same state for Genting Highlands). Located along the eastern coast of Penisula Malaysia, Kuantan and its surrounds boast beautiful shorelines and lovely beaches.

Reaching Kuantan at about 3.30am, we did not have the luxury of time to linger around in the city. The only thoughts on our minds were to check into our accomodation and grab some rest. As a child, Mr L stayed for a few years and he oftened have fond memories whenever Kuantan was mentioned in our conversation. Anyway, the sprawling Swiss Garden Resort we stayed in was about 13km from the city centre overlooking the lovely beaches of South China Sea. Room and breakfast were ok for the prices we paid.

At 6am, barely two hours of sleep, Mr A suggested going to the beach to catch the first rays of light over the east coast of Malaysia. The sand on the beach was coarse but the shoreline was beautiful. Anyway, we didn't manage to catch a glimpse of the morning sun. Mr A jokingly remarked we could probably do so only in Japan, the land of rising run.

After breakfast at 8.30am, our group of 20+ proceeded on to the factory about 15 minutes drive from our resort. This continued through 2pm and by 3pm, we were ready to head back to Singapore.

7pm ~ We stopped by the town of Yong Peng enroute in northern Johor intending to grab a quick dinner and shop for some local stuffs before moving on. Anyway,what was supposed to be a 40 minute affair went on to 85 minutes to the dismay of the bus driver and some passengers.


Details here


Dinner @ North Station


Shopping @ YoYo Native



The only minor consolation was that despite the hectic schedule, there was still some personal time left for rest and relax. And we have made the journey possible in 26 hours leaving 1 full day to rest on Sunday before heading back to work on Monday morning.

P.S. No details of the factory visit was shared due to sensitivity nature. You can just pretend that the writer went for a 2 Day 1 Night Escape to Paradise 😊 haha.................


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb