Cameron Highland 1/2 day trip


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
May 13th 2013
Published: May 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today after another breakfast of Nasi Lemak and Maher feeling a little under the weather, maybe a cold from the drop in temperatures from KL to Cameron Highland; we were picked up at 08.45 for our 1/2 day tour. We first visited the butterfly farm where there were some of the most beautiful and biggest species of butterfly I have ever seen, along with an array of other animals from leaf frog to scorpions!

We then stopped at the tea plantation where we could see 600acres of tea plants being harvested by 200 workers. The plantation dating back to 1929 was and still is owned by a Scottish family and harvested every 3 weeks by foreigners.

From there we headed to the moss forest where we got to see a variety of medicinal plants and things like cinnamon and tiger balm.

We then went up to the highest peak just over 2000metres above sea level where we got to climb the watch tower for a somewhat clouded view over the tea plantations.

Finally we headed to the strawberry farm where we sat for a while and had scones with jam and cream and a nice cup of tea.

We are now back at the guesthouse, Maher is resting and I have dosed him up with Nurofen and I am writing this blog.

We plan to take the 5.30pm bus back to KL tomorrow (4hrs) where we will stay again at Bird Nest GH until we have a decision on his visa application. Failing that, I start my new job in KL at the Embassy on Monday 20th.

Off for tea later.

Love to all xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 168, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb