Malacca / Tioman Island


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
February 27th 2012
Published: March 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After singapore our next stop was Melaka, a small city once controlled by the Dutch, Portugese and British. We stayed near Jonker street, the main market street in china town. Highlights included a half swiss half brazilian man we met on two nights out who was clearly on a ecstasy fueled weekend. Our hostel owner also showed us that mc lovin from superbad had also stayed at our hostel before, a great claim to fame.

From Melaka we bused and ferried to Tioman Island, rated in the top 10 most beautiful islands in the world. We stayed here for 4 nights, the first 3 of which were beautiful sunshine, snorkling and drinking in the evenings. Susan, who we'd met in melaka, had also come and eneded up sharing a room with us. A day trip with 3 austrian and 2 german girls to Salang Bay was a perfect way to relax after singapore, and while playing volley ball on the beach we were laughing at the thought of people just getting to work back home (mainly Freeman).

We stayed on a beach called Air Batang (ABC) which was traveler central, it had no roads and and the locals were very cool and laid back, Perfect.


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb