Historic Melaka (24 - 26 March 2005)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
March 24th 2005
Published: April 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our coach bus departed from Lavender Bus Station at 8am on our way to Melaka, an idyllic town about 4 hours journey from Singapore. Clare, Chucky and I had decided to spend our 3D2N long weekend in the historical town. It was our second trip into the sleepy state so we were kind of expecting what she had to offer. Nevertheless, the small historic town had proven itself to be attractive to inject a few suprises each time we visited. I love to stay at one of the many boutique hotels along Jonkers Street to “smell” the history of the place in a peaceful setting. This was lacking in the urbanized republic that we came from.

We were greeted by the brand new Melaka Sentral Bus Terminal at the northern suburbs as the bus pull over slightly after 1pm today. Just 2 years ago when we came with zy, the terminal was in a state of disrepair. Anyway, the taxi driver refused to lower his exorbitant RM15 fares to our hotel. We had no choice but to accept his offer.


Advertisement



6th April 2006

Hey hey I had been so busy and had not made proper records like u did.... It must be very memorable huh?? Haven't been Melaka since secondary school..... Keep me update regarding the vietnam trip ok? Interesting Landmark......

Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 76; dbt: 0.2231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb