Relaxing Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
January 24th 2015
Published: January 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Cocktail timeCocktail timeCocktail time

All ready for drinks on the terrace at Ambong Ambong.
Langkawi was probably the most relaxing part of our trip so far. After a short flight from Kuala Lumpur we were only 45 minutes from the airport and our accommodation was beautiful.

Ambong Ambong was a small hotel with 11 individual villas which were built on the side of a very steep rainforest hillside where monkeys would come to visit you on your balcony as we were at the same height in the tree canopy.

Every week all hotel guests are invited to a cocktail party hosted by the hotel owners. Special clothes were left in each villa which you were requested to wear. Girls outfit was a sarong and for the boys it was fishermen trousers. This was a great way to get to know everyone, guests and staff alike. All food and all drink provided absolutely free. Ambong Ambong is very high on our list for a return visit one day.

We hired a car and thankfully driving here was much easier than Lombok! The government here actually subsidise petrol by 50%!! Whats more the whole island is duty free! Please take note George Osborne!

Much of our time here was spent on the beach or at the hotel pool which was constructed on one of the few areas of level ground.

Jet skis were readily available to hire from our local beach and the owner of the jet skis took a shine to Abby and Freya and let them have lots of extra time and actually let them take control.

He probably would have reconsidered this if he had seen Abby on the luge in Queenstown a couple of months ago!

Next stop Royal Langkawi Yacht Club to start our intrepid journey to Thailand aboard Sirius 1935.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



31st January 2015
Cocktail time

Loving the trousers!
Wow, sounds like an amazing place and what lovely idea with the sarongs and trousers.. You guys look great by the way.
31st January 2015
Cocktail time

Nice trousers!!!!
Wow looks so lovely - we are experiencing very cold weather at the moment so the sight of Abby and Freya in the sea is making me feel very jealous!! Have fun xx and dad I hope you're bringing those trousers home with you!?

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb