DAYS AT SEA LANKAWI TO MUMBAI


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
June 7th 2013
Published: June 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

MONDAY 3.6.2013 - 6.6.2013
This morning left the most northern tip of Sumatra and heading into the Bengal Bar enroute for India. The Indian authorities boarded the ship in Langkawi to check all our passports and visas then we have to have a face to face with them tomorrow. Hope nothing goes wrong, John still not happy about having had to pay $93 a head for a visa we only use for one day!! Dock in Mumbai Friday 7th - can feel the ship going a bit side to side today - guess we have been lucky been very smooth thus far.

TUESDAY 4.6.2013
Another day at sea. Always plenty to do, 1 hr lecture on Mumbai which was great as we know what to expect before getting off the boat. There is a lot to see within walking distance of the ship dock area, like Gateway of India and the Taj Mahal Hotel. John played table tennis in the comp which he enjoyed. Wine tasting on board in one of the dining rooms at 3.00p.m. then up to top deck to meet up with some people for a drink before Indian dinner night. Its quite nice to have these sea days to relax before being full on when we get further on. Heading through the Indian Ocean enroute Sri Lanka.

WEDNESDAY 5.6.2013
Clocks back another hour last night we are now four hours behind home. Passing about 40 mile out from Columbo Sri Lanka and this evening will pass cape Comorin on the southern most tip of India. Had Piracy Drill 10.30a.m. this morning, everyone to their cabins, close curtains and doors, nobody allowed in public areas. Captain informed us that piracy has reduced in the past four months in this area and we don't expect to come across pirates but need to do drill just in case, REASSURING!!!! Captain says piracy has diminished somewhat in the last few months and there has only been 4 attempts on ships in 2013 thus far!! Lookout will be further on around Oman and Yemen.
1 hr lecture on Dubai this morning as our lecturer taking a group overland to the Taj Mahal and meeting the rest of the ship in Dubai - doesn't sound that great a lot of travelling time etc etc to get to the Taj for 1/2 hr visit then have to start heading to Dubai -
SINGAPORESINGAPORESINGAPORE

EARLY MORNING COFFEE DOCKING IN SINGAPORE
better to do Taj on your own at some other time we reckon! Watching the State or Origin - as mentioned on the telecast this cruise is heading to Mumbai!

THURSDAY 6.6.2013
Seas OK, can feel rocking but not too bad. The security on the ship has been very tight, loads of security people out on the deck with binoculars and keeping watch on any boats that are out to sea. Mumbai tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

ARRIVAL AT DAY LIGHT


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb