Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
June 16th 2013
Published: June 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

When we awoke in our cabin we had an argument with the hotel of the meaning of included buffet breakfast before ordering an American breakfast for free which included a an omelette chicken sausages and beef bacon. We whiled away a lazy morning in the hotel pool which was especially fun given the excessive number of lifesaving rubber rings to play with and and the fact that we were the only people in the hotel.

We then grabbed a taxi to Pantai Cenang the main beach on Langkawi as there did not appear to be any public transport. There were many tourists wandering about and all sorts of beach tac on sale. the beach was thankfully the beautiful sandy sort rather than the muddy Weston super mare sort. After wandering the beach to find a tour operator to take us island hopping the next day. Unfortunately despite having applied plenty of sun tan lotion we were beginning to burn so we hired a couple of sunbeds under an umbrella and cooled off with a swim in the sea.

in the evening we enjoyed dinner watching the sun begin to fall in the sky before searching out a bar to watch the sunset. At the end of the boulevard we found a fantastic bar called the cliff which hung over the rocks and crashing waves. I enjoyed a fantastic tasting lychee beer whilst we enjoyed the finds of Boyzone gently playing throughout the bar.

We headed back to the hotel to clean up. now don't panic folks, but we decided to do something about the extreme lengths of Andrews hair. Andrew had decided that if there ever was a time to shave off his hair, it was now. so i took the trimmer i brought him from Argos and began step by step to stage all the hair off. Personally I'm a big fan although as one of my friends in KL pointed out with the beard its quite a Jason Statham look. Pleased with my handy work we headed to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd July 2013

Latest Updates
Hi Guys. Have caught up on all the travel blog and waiting for the next installment. Hope you are still having a great time. L & co. X
25th July 2013

thanks Lilian and co. We got behind due to a technical issue but should be updating again very soon! Hope all well with you Amelia and Andrew x

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb