Malaysia Truly Asia :)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
July 30th 2010
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our first trip to Malaysia was going to be a flying visit, we flew out on Friday and headed to the Island of Langkawai, Malaysian airlines got us there on time and in good comfort.
We stayed at one of the main hotels, I think it was an oldie but a goodie, we had a very nice villa and enjoyed a great full body massage. The restaurant was not so great but we discovered a wonderful restaurant called Sunday Market a little further down the island which served delicious pancakes.
Our trip to Malaysia wasn’t just for a 7 day break in the sun but to celebrate my best friends’ wedding day. The next couple of days were spend pampering ourselves ready for the wedding and exploring the island, especially the night food market where enjoyed some fantastic local dishes including the most delicious peanut pancakes. One night we enjoyed a curry on the beach! It was probably the best curry I ever tasted.
The wedding was held at the Four Seasons hotel on the following Monday and it was a superb day which was full of love, laughter and a gorgeous bride.
We flew to KL the very next day and checked into a fantastic hotel right opposite the twin towers, the view was surreal. KL was so much fun, full of culture, good shopping, nice people and great food. We wish we could have hung out there for longer! After lots of shopping we headed to Melaka for the second big day, the traditional Chinese celebrations.
Melaka was beautiful, loved the dutch influenced architecture and the crazy bike taxis all trying to out do each other on the decoration front. Melaka’s night market is famous and doesn’t disappoint, it is full of delicious local cuisine, performers, line dance studios, and all kinds of toys and gadgets.
The wedding was great fun, with drums and dragons for luck and we danced all night, going straight from the wedding to the airport to pick up our flight back to London.
Our week in Malaysia was fantastic, we laughed, danced, celebrated all week, it was great, and even better that we enjoyed delicious food that gave us energy to keep going each day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb