More Island life!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
February 4th 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Common pedestrian hazardsCommon pedestrian hazardsCommon pedestrian hazards

The smell is not great either
Last day in Langkawi and it feels like the time has flown past. We have been staying at a little out of the way guesthouse with a great view of palm trees and distant forested hills, plus you can watch monkeys playing in the garden and crabs playing in the pond - they must have got a bit lost as the sea is quite far away! We have met some lovely people, Ray and Bev who are staying here too and Rosidi and Mark who own the place. Ray has been telling us about making wigs for Shirley Bassey and Rosidi told me an anecdote about Mel Gibson which I shouldn't repeat. Rosidi's mum has been looking after us. We have also found a great English restaurant which does a good fish and chips and great pizza, and have just polished off a breakfast of egg, baked beans and HP sauce, so the culinary adventure continues.

Despite the fact that it is so nice at the guesthouse we did leave and go round the island - a five hour drive with a few stops. Possibly I was going a bit slow for the taste of the locals, judging by the number of times we got overtaken, but I'm not sure that the Proton I was driving could have managed much more. We picked the company for the insurance we thought they offered, but I'm not sure how good it really was - luckily we stayed out of trouble. We saw the yacht club, had a very nice piece of chicken at the KFC overlooking the yacht club, looked at the cable car and saw it was too hot and crowded, and walked up to the seven wells waterfall, which was very pretty. Unfortunately you will have to take our word for it as the camera was not charged!

So now we go to Penang, and then on to Phuket. Hopefully it will be easier to get accommodation in Phuket than here, Rosidi's phone is on silent and there are people everywhere looking for rooms! Shame to be leaving though, as we have two party invites for Sunday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Too ambitiousToo ambitious
Too ambitious

Built twenty years ago
Nathan picked this fishNathan picked this fish
Nathan picked this fish

And it was lovely


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb