Asia Diary - Day 3 - Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
February 26th 2011
Published: March 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Fish spaFish spaFish spa

This is really cool
Awesome breakfast. Huge choice! Pity we’ll miss out tomorrow as we have to be up before the sparrows have even had a bite, let alone farted. Omelettes, dried anchovies, tiny Asian sausage (that’s normal I understand), mean chilli conserve, hundreds of fruits and juices and mini muffins.
Got on the monorail to the Petronas towers. Went shopping all through the ritzy brand name stores. Actually bought something from Converse (because it was $4 – 60% off). Had Yum Cha lunch at Golden Mandarin restaurant. Looked like the sort of place that we shouldn’t be allowed in. Happy people opening doors for you everywhere and massive opulent wall hangings and architecture. Yum Cha was good even though we didn’t totally get what we ordered and we really didn’t know what we were eating anyway. Is this the chicken floss or the wood fungus?
Went to Central Market where Nads and I had a fish spa. Brilliant! 10 minutes of laughing as hundreds of fish nibbled and sucked the dry skin from our feet.
Then spent ages going through all the junky paddy’s market type stalls looking for nothing in particular. Nads, Heather and Brad bought some Swatches and Rolexes for $3 each.
By the time we got home, Nads was stuffed and went to bed. The remaining three went out for tea at a local in/out restaurant and had calamari (good), pork spare ribs (good), black pepper beef (awesome) and Jaz beer (not so good, but mostly because it was warm).
Got back to the Hotel to prepare for an early 4am start.



Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Better shot of the MyviBetter shot of the Myvi
Better shot of the Myvi

These are pretty cool pocket rockets that were all over Malaysia. Most had been riced up to the max.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb