Open Heart Open Mind - The Journey Begins


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
January 25th 2010
Published: January 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

With an open heart and an open mind we depart Melbourne for a two month journey through Cambodia, Burma, Malaysia and India. Off to a cranky start with only 3 hours sleep under my belt and frenzied cleaning prior to leaving I had planned to snooze for the trip from Melbourne to KL. Just before take off I was abundantly rewarded by bumping into a dear old friend Kathie on the plane. Kathie and I worked together and lived together in 1983. (She now lives in KL with her hubby and 2 youngest daughters). We sat with each other and for about 5 hours talked and laughed and caught up on about 10 years, some of it very funny and some of it very sad - The ups and downs of life. We have made a date for 2 months time on our return to KL.

The cultural attache to commence his journey has discovered the delights of a different kind of drink - Kickapoo Joy Juice. Requiring instant dehydration after a few minutes in the KL humidity he guzzled it down declaring it to be "a good citrusy thing". Kickapoo Joy Juice - The health benefits of which are
Chips vs. TwistiesChips vs. TwistiesChips vs. Twisties

or are they twistie chips....
yet to be determined.

The Kickapoo Joy juice was the perfect accompaniment to wash down his new little crisp find. The "original chip" made by Twisties. The questioned posed should Twisties be dabbling outside their original domain - Should Twisties be making chips? With the taste test undertaken, the results collated "why not they are not too bad" and might I add that the chicken salt really enhances the experience.

Early exit KL tomorrow - Up at 4:00am from Siem Reap - Cambodia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb