2008 Visit Malaysia Year


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
March 22nd 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Langkawi Cable Car Experience turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip for 4 of us. We left our resort early only to be greeted by hoards of crowds at the Cable Car Station. I guess it was a public holiday in Malaysia today. The waiting time was about 30 minutes before we boarded our car. At times, it was quite steep as it made its ascend towards Mount Mat Cinang, about 652m above sea level. Once the cable car reaches the summit, we were greeted by a mist of clouds and a magnificent view of the "Blue Mountains". It was a cool way to escape from the scorching tropical heat.

As I lay on the beach overlooking the coconut trees in the afternoon, there was a sense of inner peace within me, without a care in the world. 3 nights of escape was never enough. But there was a need for us to return back to reality, to get back to our routines and to start planning for my next trip.

As it turns out to be, 2008 is going to be a Visit Malaysia Year as I sit patiently looking at my calender and waiting for my rail journey to Kuala Lumpur to materialise in May 08.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb