Anniversary in Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pantai Tengah
February 25th 2008
Published: February 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been living on Canang beach for the last three days and celebrated our anniversary here. The locals are very friendly and no one bothers you at all. The Malay people are very gentle and considerate and as always we try to learn and respect local customs as best as we can. Learning simple phrases is not required as everyone speaks english but I get the feeling it's appreciated. If you come here remember to take your shoes off when entering anyones home, point with your thumb not your finger, dress for the occasion as best as you can. This is a muslim country but there is a tolerance for tourists (just don't make us look bad). We have an air conditioned place right on the beach with a volleyball court right in front of it for $75 rm or $25 cad (simple room with geckos for free, maybe 2 star but clean'ish)!!! Beer is about $1.20 rm or $.40 (FOURTY CENTS!!) There are going to be some cook coming over from Thailand to do an outdoor BBQ in the restaurant right beside our place (I mean so close we can order and eat right on our veranda!) There are many Europeans here mostly from Scandinavia but also many Irish and Brits....no Americans so far...if they are they are not the kind you find in Mexico. If your reading this and you are an American don't get me wrong I love our neighbours just not when you feel you are owed something or own everything just for being one. The food as been amazing for the whole trip thus far but I have a feeling that may change once we get to Cambodia and Laos....touch wood. Now on to our tan competition.....I am going to post some pictures and you be the judge. Hehe!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Tan comp2Tan comp2
Tan comp2

My dad was a native indian you know....(or so he told us for years!)


26th February 2008

Muslim Wife?
Thats no Burkha Looks amazing are the ocean currents warm?
26th February 2008

Sigh
I want a beach and sunsets like that. Ahh well I will study the picture and put myself there later.
28th February 2008

Awesome place!
We should buy a small resort down here, it is cheap and our friend in KL just happens to be a local commercial realtor!
28th February 2008

Like a bathtub
The water is warm with the odd cold current but not too cold. There is a constant breeze that keeps you cool but I am dropping the pounds anyways. (Much needed)

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb