Pulau Tinggi durian trip


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor
July 21st 2007
Published: July 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Pulau Tinggi


After missing a salivating trip last year to Pulau Tinggi, I would not let go another trip organized by Malaysian Nature Society, Johor branch this year. Not many people can resist the temptation of eating fresh durian on a tropical island while doing bird watching.

I departed home at 8am, driving alone and passed through Yong Peng, Air Hitam, Kluang, Jemaluang and finally reaching Tanjung Leman ferry jetting at 12:30pm. I stopped at Kluang to buy a squid lure which was not put into use since nobody brought a fishing rod and I don't want to be seen fishing in a Marine Park.

After eating a beef burger at RM3.50 in the jetty canteen, I followed the gang and hopped into the ferry that took one hour to reach the island.

We stayed in a guest house run by a local. I paid about RM180 for lodging, ferry and food through the Society.

In the afternoon on arrival we took a walk along the village trail and ended up eating durian at the hill slope. It took a short while for me to learn to hold a durian seed in one hand with another holding a binoculars focusing on birds.

At night we had a walk-about lecture on nature by Vincent on the beach, looking at giant crab, ghost crab, poisonous plants etc, and got our feet massaged by hot sand at riverbed (the island was a volcanic island with a dead crater).

The next day we went to take photograph on a bird island which was gazetted as a bird sanctuary during British time. We saw a few species of terns at the rocky islet.

On the way back from the bird island we had a swim at the shallow water off a small island. There was where I lost my spectacles after a jump into the South China Sea. Bye bye another RM400. The last trip with the Society to the Endau Rompin National Park I was drained RM600 after the compact camera dropped into river. Hopefully the next trip I will not damaged my RM1300 binoculars!

We left the island at 3:30pm with most of the members dozed off liked a log.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The car park at Tg Leman ferry terminal The car park at Tg Leman ferry terminal
The car park at Tg Leman ferry terminal

You can see many Singaporean cars here
Anthony was birding...Anthony was birding...
Anthony was birding...

and eating durian at the same time!


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb