Sun sand and sunburn


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Mersing
April 19th 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So much for the easy traveling we mentioned before....when leaving Kuala Lumpur we missed our bus to Mersing and ended up legging it round KL in 38 degrees heat trying to find a different bus station...with our amazing language skills we got a bus to Kulang (a random city not even in the guide book) and from there we eventually made it to the coast just in time to miss the last boat to Tioman! Hence a night in the worst hostel possible where randomly a guy from Jersey was staying (cant get away from those crappos!)

The following morning we made it to Tioman and spent a week relaxing in the sun (or more like in the air con room!) and swimming. We stayed in Salang, advertised as the "party place" of the island but it was so laid back and chilled out. Paul managed to find beans on toast and arsenal games on the telly so he was happy while Sarah suffered some back luck! In the space of 24 hours she fell off her chair during dinner (not alcohol related!), she got attacked by the fish in the sea and a bottle of ketchup exploded all over her! To be honest we didnt do much and treated it like a holiday....having a few beers on the veranda while watching the monkeys in the trees and listening to the jungle which was right behind our hut. (and keeping an eye out for the giant lizards that liked to stay underneath!)

The snorkelling was amazing ,the coral life right in the bay was brilliant (I'd say better than Cayman islands) and now we cant wait to learn to dive in Bali!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb